Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy birthday Isaiah

I'll never forget when you were born, I was so excited, I got to be on the other end of birth for once! You were going to be the first baby I had seen born since your aunt Ashley. I remember driving to the hospital and getting a call for Grandma Joy saying they all needed a Starbucks pick-me-upper. So I quickly ran there with a smile bigger then my face cause I knew that the time for you to get here was getting closer and closer.
As I pulled up to the hospital, I then got another call from grandma saying that something has gone wrong and I needed to get in here as soon as possible. They were taking your mom off for an emergency c-section and that you were in distress.
I just started to cry, thinking that there was a chance that something really bad might happen. When I walked in the door your dad was there in the hall, worried and hoping everything would work out for the best. We waited and waited to hear some kind of news. We were in a great hospital and the staff was a very good support.
When they got you out you were not breathing. They had to work on you a bit and you finally took your first breath. You only got to stay at this hospital for a short time cause you needed the care of the I.C.U. and it was located at the downtown hospital.
Everything turned out to be just fine with you after your five days in the I.C.U. You were a healthy, strong boy. Your parents surprised us all by bring you home and not telling us. I walked in the front door and out of the corner of my eye I saw you laying on the couch. I was so happy that you were finally home with your family.
You have been my FAT MONKEY from the beginning.
Such a sweet soul had been given to us four years ago!
Through these four years you've blossomed from the curly haired little baby you once were
Making as much of a mess as possible
(Lets be honest it more fun this way)
Always having such a great time with any family activity that you went to
and just being truly an adorable kid.
Thank you Isaiah, for all your love you give to each of us, everyday!
Happy birthday (Even if it's a few days late) to you on your special day.
I truly feel blessed to celebrate your BIRTHday.

No comments: