Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our fun camp out in Grandma Ami and Grandpa Duane's backyard.

A few weekends back we went over to my
dad's house to have a sleep over in the backyard.
Since we have so many little kids this had been one of the best
ways for us to enjoy camping. Ami set the whole
yard up for the event. There were tents,
sleeping bags and even a place for a fire.
My dad barbecued hot dogs and steak. There was a game of badminton going off and on and Grandpa even had a t.v. out so the boys could play video games. As the night went on we did a bit of roasting marshmallows.
We hung out by the fire,
enjoying a nice evening outside.
The kids all had so much fun hanging out with their Grandparents.
Bayleigh loved being outside the entire time.
She is our nature girl for sure.
Sleeping went really good during the night. All the kids slept in two tents and Ben, Ami and I slept under the stars. Grandpa got sent in the house, Blake said he snores way to loud.
We all ate donuts for breakfast
and hung out enjoying a nice cool morning.
After we were all finished we got ready to head over to the pool at my dads elks club.





We swam there for over an hour. It was a great pool and we were the only people there. The pool was 8 feet deep and we all had a blast swimming.
Before we left we had one last snack by the pool.
It sure was a nice camp-out.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us all come over.

6 comments:

Jacki said...

That looks like my kind of camping trip! You get to sleep in a tent, roast marshmallows and you're only 5 step to indoor plumbing. Also, you get to swim the whole next day. Sign me up next year!!

J'net said...

This looks like "club grpa/ma" and they set you guys up fine!! WOW, no sand and the kids still could get goupy w/ the marshmellows and get some sun at the big pool and just have a blast!!! YEAH for backyard camping! And NO 6 hr. drive home w/ tired, dirty, grumpy travelers! This COULD be an annual event!

Unknown said...

Brittiny, Duane was a fundamental anchor in my life during my youth in Provo. I love him and know my life would not be as enjoyable without his presence. He was kind enough to share your blog spot with me and I loved going through your pictures. You have a beautiful family!! Good luck to Ben in the National Guard. All my best, Joe Jarvis

Felecia said...

What a cute idea! Looks like you guys had fun! :D

Unknown said...

This is Jenna!! Here is my blog!! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Brittiny,
your blog is amazing! The photos are so fabulous and it's nice to see all the events I've been hearing about! I miss you already!
katie t