Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look at what Brooklyn did

I wanted to grow some flower for the spring...
So we went to Walmart, found some seeds that we liked,
came home and planted them.
Nothing was happening for such a long time. I tend not to have the greenest of thumb, so I started to get a bit discouraged and was going to give up. So this is when Brooklyn decided that she was going to take over.
She would water these little flowers when ever they looked dry to her...
The other morning as we were getting ready to leave for school she let out this loud squall, I turned around to see what was wrong and she says to me "Mama, look at my pretty flowers!"
I was so proud of her, I started to tear up when I saw these beautiful flower starting to open.
Not only did we get great pink ones, we've also got white and purple ones now. I'm so happy Brooklyn wanted to take over. I guess she is the one with the green thumb in this family!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

What a fun activity for spring! Congratulations Brooklyn on your new talent

J'net said...

That was a great accomplishment!
Like her great grama WAIT, total green thumb with plants!!
Great job, Brooklyn!! Aloha