Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day

At 8:15 a.m. Blake came in and with the most excited voice possible says "He came mom, Santa came". We were still so tried from the night before that I asked him to wait just a bit longer and come lay in bed with us.
After about 20 minutes I started to fell bad, I could remember how excited I was year after year when Santa came. The last thing I wanted to do was lay back down with my parents and wait. Blake is always such a great sport...
We all got up out of our bed and headed down the hall to the girls room to wake them up. Brooklyn hopped right out of bed running right down the hall to check everything out. Bella on the other hand is a bear to wake up (she reminds a lot like the Sherrill kids when you try to wake them up). So it took a few more minutes to convinces her that waking up was really a good idea.
Once we got out there the whole room was full of excitement. Blake and Brooklyn passed out all the gifts, while Bella and Bayleigh sat waiting for the fun to begin.
It was such a great morning of watching our kids just have a great time on their Christmas morning.
Even Bayleigh got the whole idea of this being such fun...
As I sat there and watch our children open up their toys I thought about how truly blessed Ben and I are. We have four amazing kids, I thank the lord daily for thinking that I am good enough to be given the opportunity to raise them.
Our kids give me everything I need to be happy and I couldn't even imagine doing anything else with my life. Being a mom is the best gift that I could of ever been given and it's something I get every day.
We spent the entire morning at home hanging out and playing with all the new toys...
Santa brought Bayleigh her favorite little snack in her stocking
It really was a great morning
they all had so much fun
At around 4:00p.m. we headed over to Marc and Jan's house to do a bit more celebrating with them. It is always so relaxing over at their house.
We all went over in our p.j.'s so we were all super comfy for Christmas night.
They were so excited that they had even more stuff to open. I think that the whole idea of unwrapping things is what make it so exciting for them. They go around asking who else has gifts they can also open, of course they say they're just trying to be helpful ;)
We hope everyone had a great Christmas with their Families.
What a beautiful sky on the night of Christmas

Thanks to everyone for their cards and pictures. Thank you all our family for making this another great Christmas full of unforgettable memories.
We love you all!

No comments: