Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the plane to Kauai

So Bayleigh and I found out Friday that we might be flying to Hawaii to visit our island family. By Saturday it was confirmed and we were on the flight leaving from San Francisco, Sunday at 4:35p.m. Ben and the kids were such a big help getting us packed, my mom was a great sport and drove us to the airport. I haven't been on a plane for over ten years and never with any of our kids so I really thought this was going to be a fun adventure.
Bayleigh was a great flying partner. She did a great job, not only was I thankful but so was everyone around me. We sat next to a very helpful lady who even held her so I could go to the bathroom. Playing with anything that made noise was what Bayleigh liked best.
We only got two short cat naps, otherwise we were up the whole way there. As we started to land I looked out our window and only saw ocean still ( double gulp), luckily there was land out the window on the other side. I was so excited to see Aunt Jeanette and Jenna when we got there, it was so nice to be on their beautiful island...
I was so ready to see everything this new place had to offer and I couldn't wait for our fun adventure to begin!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had so much fun. A well deserved trip!!!

J'net said...

Fun to see the pictures!
We LOVED having you there!
Keep the pictures coming!
AND come visit again!
Luv, A. J'net