Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our first day...

My Aunt Jeanette likes to walk on this beach a couple times a week, (this is where the one cruise ship comes into port), so while she was doing that, we were doing this...
Bayleigh and I were hanging out on the beach taking pictures and watching the ocean. I realized that I was the only one able to take pictures at this time and I couldn't put her anywhere cause she's not too stable yet, statues or trees still seem to challenging. So I did the best I could and they turned out great I think!
We walked in the stroller along the sidewalks and saw a good part of the Marriott by the ocean. The pool is so big, but we didn't get the chance to go in. It's so beautiful and being there that early was nice cause there wasn't a lot of people.
I put Bayleigh in the grass, and at first she wasn't to sure about the way it felt on her fat little legs. Then she started touching it and trying to pull pieces of it out.
I found her a piece of longer grass and that kept her really entertained for sometime. She would pull it back and forth with her hands and stick it under her feet. She also liked to shake it in one of her hands and watched it fly in the air. Look how straight she is sitting up here!
I wanted a picture of her with the ocean behind her so I held her in between my knees. This was some sort of a game she thought we were playing and would start to bounce. She is always having fun with anything she can, this baby loves to play.
The grass was something she really liked to look at. It was something she really wanted to play with but she just couldn't seem to pull it out of the ground.
I just love this shot of her with the palm trees behind her!
At the end of the day Aunt Jeanette took me to this beautiful waterfall, the wall behind me is a chain link fence covered in necklaces'. It was a memorial to a girl who died ten years ago... I couldn't believe all the things hanging off this fence. It was such a rare sight!
Jeanette said that there was usually three waterfalls and that it is not always this full, it was so pretty with all the greenery growing around it. To see all the green plant life that the island had was just amazing.
Today was a great start to our visit in this tropical place. The chickens all over the place, was a great sight also. Back when the island was hit by the hurricane the chickens all got out of their coops, and so they decided to just let them be and now their all over. I didn't get a picture of them however so you'll have to use your imagination, it's reminded me of the Fair Oaks Village from when I was little! Thanks, this was a great day...

5 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Bayleigh is soooooo cute!!! I'm so jealous that you got to go to Hawaii. I really have to do it soon before I have to have an extra ticket for Kennedy. Really cute pictures!

Allie and Spencer said...

Brittiny- it's so good to hear from you! Your family is beautiful... and Hawaii looks so nice! Love Allie

Jenny said...

Brittiny!!! I can't believe you have four babies! They are all absolutely gorgeous...I think they each have your amazing big, beautiful eyes. Do they also have your fetish for nice clean socks?! I have so many fun memories with you. I'm happy you found us in the blogging world. Love from Jenny

Anonymous said...

wow! those are some good pics britt. I think you did really well with the whole picture taking thing. (BTW...this is my commmmmment! haha)

Jacki said...

I am so jealous!!! It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!!