Friday, August 22, 2008

This ones for the geckos

I have to say that I have never seen a gecko unless it was at the Sacramento zoo behind glass. Well in Kauai that isn't the case. On our first night there I was sitting on the couch in the living room and much to my surprise there was a gecko hanging out in the corner of the ceiling. Of course we get those ugly alligator lizards back home and once in a million years you'll find one in your house but most often it's outside running as fast as possible away from you. Well not on the island... As I soon came to find out the gecko inhabits the homes of the locals on a nightly basis, you never see them any other time then that. During the course of my trip I was in a couple of homes and they all had them. These little guys would do this unique bark at each other as a form a communicating. We even got to see some gecko fighting,(the bigger gecko that lived in the apartment didn't like the new little one coming in and decided to do something about it) which Aunt Jeanette was not okay with and quickly knocked the bigger one off the ceiling. After she manage to get him out of her hair, she then carried him to the door and throw him outside. Jesse and I thought that was sorta funny to watch. So if you ever go over for a visit make sure you keep your eyes out for the great gecko pet that everyone has.

3 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Ummmmm I didn't know they had those inside the homes! I don't know if I could deal with that!

J'net said...

I think that one was albino!
Good picture! They usually stay up along the ceiling.
And we DON'T name 'em as pets, 'cuz we all prefer
them to stay outside... NONE are in here right now...
Aloha.

Jayson & Sara said...

Brittiny! Good to hear from you! It was nice to get a comment on the blog. You still look so good, and you're kids are pretty cute too. Good B names!