Friday, August 22, 2008

This was the last day

We started the last day off at church, Uncle Michael had been called to serve as one of the counselors to the bishop and this was his first Sunday conducting the meeting (I think he did a great job by the way). After sacrament ended the entire ward got up and sung this beautiful song to all the visitors. Of course I started crying, then looked at Aunt Jeanette, who was also crying and then there was no controlling the tears flow. I have to say that I wish we all sang a song like that at the end of our meetings... "Until we meet again" what a wonderful note to end on! (Also the simply adorable dress my Bayleigh is wearing is something Camey bought for Brooklyn and it has been passed down through the girls, you gotta love that hat!)

Then after we got back and undressed from church Jenna took me to their jumping spot called "Kipu Falls". This was such an amazing place of lush green growth and fresh water. Of course I didn't get a picture of it (what was I thinking) but I did get this one of me in the bushes on the trail down to the falls. No jumping happened while we were there unfortunately, there were a lot of people there, so I just soaked up the beautiful surroundings. After we got back from the falls we headed out for the family favorite, Hula Pie... This is something that everyone has to try before the leave the island. It is an ice cream pie with the biggest layer of Oreo cookie for the bottom that you have ever seen. I somehow ended up sharing with Jesse who is a hula pie maniac but did a great job controlling himself so I could get my fair share.
A picture is worth a thousand words...
Jenna I think there's something is your teeth...
That is seriously one big bite!
My sweet Aunt Jeanette treated us to these yummy hula pies.
No one was harmed in the sharing of these pies,we still all love each other, right guys? Sharing is always the best thing to do!
This was a surfer statue outside of the restaurant, so why not take a picture.
The sweet island family(minus Michael) who were so sweet to let us come share a week of their lives with them. We had so much fun, this is something I will never forget.
Jesse held Bayleigh for me while I got all my stuff packed up for the trip home! What a great time we had...

No comments: